Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sinks

There are 3 sinks in the art room. 

The student sink is the only sink at a low enough level that all students can reach the faucet.

There is a sink in the middle of the counter but, that is blocked until we need to use it. There is usually art materials near the sink. Water splashes up on the counter even when I'm careful so, it's a "Do Not Use" sink most of the time.

I've designated the sink closest to the door as the "Teacher Sink" for a few reasons:
1. It's near the printer (this is the only place the intranet cable for the printer works)
2. I want a sink I can have things near that are "hands off" for students.
3. Most importantly, I've un-screwed the low flow washer so the water comes out fast. The other sinks take forever to fill up water buckets or to plates and brushes.